The American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) inducted 90 new Associate Fellows and Fellows into the Academy at its recently concluded 63rd Annual Meeting.
This brings the total number of current AAID credentialed members to 989. The Academy is the only organization recognized by the U.S. Federal and State Courts as having a bona fide implant dentistry credentialing program.
The AAID credential serves as a patient’s assurance that a doctor performing dental implants has education, training, experience and competence in implant dentistry. AAID credentialed dentists include general dentists, periodontists, prosthodontists and oral surgeons who perform surgical and/or restorative procedures. Credentialing by the AAID means that the dentist has:
- Demonstrated qualifications, knowledge, skills and competence in implant dentistry
- Education, training and experience in implant dentistry
- Completed 300 or more hours of postdoctoral or continuing education related to implant dentistry
- Trained in dental implant process, including diagnosis and surgical placement of dental implants and/or the placement of replacement teeth
- Meets national standards of education and practice in oral implantology
A list of the newly credentialed implant dentists can be found here.
Established in 1951, the AAID is the only dental implant organization that offers credentials recognized by state and federal courts as being bona fide. Its membership, which exceeds 5,000, includes general dentists, oral surgeons, periodontists and prosthodontists from across the United States and in more than 60 other countries.